Cedefop invites applications for the traineeship intake of October 2017. The deadline for the submission of online applications is Thursday 22 June 2017, at 15:00 Greek time (CET+1).
For the intake of 2017 Cedefop offers 15 traineeships in the following projects. The online application can include a maximum of three projects in order of priority. For the details of each project, click on the relevant link below:
- Graphic Design: Publications Layout infographics and data visualisation (Department for Communication)
- VET policies and systems management − Assistance in designing and managing content for the web, and database maintenance. (Department for VET systems and Institutions)
Cedefop's traineeship scheme is mainly for young university graduates as well as PhD students, without excluding those who – in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
Timing and duration of traineeships
There is one training period per year:
- from 1 October to end June;
A traineeship typically lasts 9 months.
Admission and selection of trainees
Trainees are selected only from nationals of the Member States of the European Union and of candidate countries. To see a list of the current candidate countries please refer to the following site:
Applicants for a traineeship must have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date for applications. The first university degree (e.g. bachelor) must be attached for your application to be valid. Masters, PhD, language certificates etc, may be attached for information.
Grading transcripts or diplomas that do not bear an official stamp and / or signature will not be accepted.
In order for the trainee to fully profit from the traineeship and to be able to follow meetings and perform adequately:
- candidates from Member States must have very good knowledge of at least two EU languages, of which one should be English;
- candidates from candidate countries must have very good knowledge of at least English.
Applicants are selected on the basis of qualifications and taking account of the operational priorities of Cedefop. Successful applicants are informed by the Human Resources Service of the exact dates of the training period.
Applications where either the university degree or the CV is missing will not be considered by Cedefop.
The total maximum number of documents that can be attached to our online application is 3 (including the university degree and CV).
Please refer to the privacy statement for online traineeship applications
Trainees are awarded a monthly maintenance grant. The amount of the grant is decided by Cedefop and revised on a regular basis depending on budgetary constraints.
Currently the amount of the grant is:
- EUR 919.4 per month for trainees from abroad (member states of the EU or candidate countries), as well as trainees residing in Greece who need to move to Thessaloniki for the duration of the traineeship.
- EUR 689.5 per month for trainees residing in Thessaloniki prior to the start of their in-service training.
You can apply here.